Just like us our pets can pack on a few extra pounds over the cold months. Here are some tips to help keep your dogs active as the temperatures drop.
- Hide some of your dogs favorite treats around the house and put his natural instincts to work sniffing them out.
- Visit your local pet store for some socialization and a long walk through the aisles.
- Most human treadmills can be utilized for K-9 family members too. Make sure to take time to train you dog safely to use a treadmill, and never leash your pet to the treadmill.
- Play fetch with an indoor safe toy like the Chuck-It indoor roller. Add a little extra to the work out by throwing the ball up the steps!
- Make meal time more fun and stimulating with some interactive puzzle toys!
- Create an indoor agility course for your pup out of things around your house.
- Have a play date with one of your dogs 4legged buddies.
- Rotate your dogs toys so he stays interested and doesn’t get bored.